ZAHYA LINEN KIMONO
- Our summer collection is a contemporary take on the works of the late Shady Abdel Salam in cinema and costume design. His work with two female leading roles particularly propelled this collection to life; Hamis, played by Egyptian actress Lobna Abdel Aziz in the 1963 fantasy film Arous El Nil, and Shagaret El Dur, played by the one and only Tahiya Karioka, in the classic Wa Islamah, released in 1961. Incredible wardrobes were created for these two separate roles, one outfit change after the next unfolding a ravishing array of fabrics, layering, detailed embellishments, textures, and rich color that one cannot forget. For his time, Shady proved to be extremely skilled at bringing out the goddess in each woman while creating iconic imagery in Egyptian cinema. We borrowed inspiration from these characters’ flair and came up with what became the Zahya collection.
- 100% Linen featuring custom RebelCairo Zahya print.
- Free size. Dresses up to XXL.
- Hand-wash cold, use a mild detergent, do not bleach, hang to air-dry, do not tumble dry, warm iron, dry clean when needed.
- Deliveries within Cairo take from 2 to 6 working days. Deliveries to Madinaty, Sherouk City, and Obour city could take longer. Deliveries to Alexandria and the North Coast could take from 5 to 7 working days. Pick-up option available at checkout.